Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Thrift Score!

Today I found the perfect solution to a problem area in my kitchen which has been bothering me for years. When we first purchased this house, one of the first projects we took on was to remove a large set of dark, heavy and invasive 1970s overhanging cabinets (you know, the kind that hang down from the ceiling in the middle of the kitchen blocking views and closing in space).

Well, in doing so we were left with a wall which once had a cabinet and incomplete tile work. My quick solution was to hang a metal bathroom towel rack over the space to hide the flaw - but it never looked at home in my kitchen.

So, today at the thrift shop I found the perfect little two-drawer shelf for the spot. It looks like it has always been there and has provided me with a perfect place to store all my vintage kitcheniana!

Tom will be home from work soon. He generally doesn't notice my changes and tweaks to decorative touches throughout the house. I added the big red geraniums to catch his eye. I wonder how long that will take...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Steph,
    Your tin cabinet from what I remember from my grandmas house(in Europe)used something like that,the bottom for potatoes and onions and the top for bread.
    It is nice!
    Keep up the good work!
    Fotini

    ReplyDelete