Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Look All Her Own...



Logan is a bright, beautiful seven-year-old with a sparkling personality and a head for fashion. She knows what she likes, and she likes it a lot. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to pour through her closet to gain insight on her personal style. She loves vintage trims, wide black lace collars, big flowers, polka dots and linen - all mixed together. This morning I designed her this dress with an unbleached polka dot embroidered bodice with a mid-length black linen gathered skirt. It ties at the back of the neck (or, in this case, can be fastened with a large brooch with ties left dangling behind the back). I used french seams throughout. I am thinking of adding a 5" unbleached linen ruffle at the bottom, but it might be a bit overwhelming :)



Logan's mom provided me with the bodice fabric and all other materials I used were thirft store scores!


Here's a popular "pillow case" dress I made using the same fabrics and trims. Don't you love dresses that can be made in less than an hour?


5 comments:

  1. amazing! i love the lace collar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lora! I am thinking you probably love my 1950s table cloth too :) We are so much alike. I wish you lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Polka dots, Lace, Flower.. beyond cute! Wish i was seven again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect as is - but would be lovely with the ruffle too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh.. to ruffle or not to ruffle. That is the question :) I think I'll ask Logan. She's going to be my new little consultant.

    ReplyDelete