Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Simply Sweet

I don't collect vintage Pyrex, but after finding these at R & M Treasures of Edmond today I might have to start! I love the colors and prints. They are practical, nostalgic and charming. My mother sent me a few yellow bits of oven wear (which I use often) and I am happy to add a few pinks and greens to my mix.

In other news, I am still working on a vintage quilt restoration project I started before Christmas! I have had to replace every printed diamond on this queen-sized quilt by hand. I have been replacing the patches with applique and then hand quilting them. It's a nice project to work on in the evenings watching TV with the family, but I definitely prefer whipping fabric through my sewing machine. I love the sound my machine makes... "chomp... chomp... chompchompchomp". Kitty definitely finds lap sewing projects more relaxing.


1 comment:

  1. I am new to reading your blog and I was reading up on older posts and came across the cute kitty! I have a 'sewing assistant' who looks a lot like yours!

    ReplyDelete