Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Little Bo Peep

Yesterday was the most amazing day! I met with a local seamstress who is over-booked with projects and needs some help sewing. She has a beautiful estate, a huge sewing lounge filled with fantastic fabrics and industrial machines, and is one of the sweetest people I have met in a long time. Even better, she has daughters to sew for! She gave me 4 huge boxes of vintage fabrics and trims and asked me to create a few "gypsy-style" skirts for her 7-year-old. In return, I can keep all the left-over supplies and use or sell them as I see fit! Wow!








I found this "Little Bo Peep" skirt in a book called "Seams to Me". It is perfect for mixing, matching and patching up small remnants of vintage fabrics. I am going to sew up a couple of prairie-style tops in cream cotton with coordinating trims. I hope she likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment