Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Sewing Caddy Face Lift

I found this cute little sewing caddy yesterday at the thrift shop. It was in 4 pieces and needed a lot of TLC but for 50 cents, I couldn't pass it up. I am a huge sucker for vintage pin cushions and I love caddy styles the most!

I had a tiny scrap of the cutest 1930s turquoise tulip print cotton I had been saving for a special project and I found some red acrylic wood paint in my son's craft stash - so this morning I performed the face lift.
Cute, eh? I wish I had taken a before picture, but Etsy has tons of these in pre-primped condition. I think they must have been some kind of woodworking craft kit kids would buy and assemble for mother's day presents in the past.
I might have to start collecting these :)

1 comment:

  1. that is so adorable! i LOVE that fabric, too!
    great job.

    ReplyDelete