Monday, November 1, 2010

Procrastination


Right now, I should be working on a huge wedding order of flame-roasted organza feather and rhinestone flowers.. but, once again, I am playing my own games and working on something totally different. Of course, it involves zippers. I really love the way this necklace turned out. It's really cute in person. I am glad it's done. Because I have a million things to do today!

Does anyone else find themselves distracted by the projects they want to be working on... instead of the ones which pay the bills? Here are few few things to keep in mind -


1. "Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task." ~William James


2. "Every duty which is bidden to wait returns with seven fresh duties at its back." ~Charles Kingsley


3. "If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it." ~Olin Miller


4. "There are a million ways to lose a work day, but not even a single way to get one back." ~Tom DeMarco and Timothy Lister


5. "One of the greatest labor-saving inventions of today is tomorrow." ~Vincent T. Foss

1 comment:

  1. Haha, you have hit on one of my biggest sins, I often start working on things other than the item I ought, especially when I set myself deadlines and then end up in a panic trying to get the work finished in time!

    Having started the last month with 5 unfinished projects and wanting to sew something completely different I am ruthlessly forcing myself to finish everything outstanding before I start anything new, it feels tedious but very satisfying too!

    I love the idea of the flame-roasted coloured flowers, very suiting to the season.

    ReplyDelete