Friday, October 8, 2010

Vintage Christmas Fixings

Every month, a sweet neighbor hauls out her vintage sewing goodies from the 1940s and 1950s for me to sort through. I find it amazing that every time she calls, she has new things for me to see. Today, she sold me a huge lot of scrumptious buttons... but also asked me if I might have a use for some old Christmas wrapping paper she had saved over the years. At first, I thought... hmmm... probably not. But after taking a look through her Christmas fixings, I totally fell in love with it and decided I would use it to make my Christmas cards this year. I bought 6 different rolls of 1950s Christmas wrap and coordinating gift tags. I just had to share my favorite - which will be the inspiration for my entire vintage Christmas themed home - lime, turquoise and pink, YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment