Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coming Soon!

Whimsical Meets Industrial

Bright colors, loopy layers and steel teeth make zipper flowers my freshest accessory pick for fall. Last year, I was lucky enough to attend the estate sale of a former interior designer who used zippers in her pillow creations. I purchased a box lot of over 2000 zippers and have been selling them in my Etsy shop in lots of 30 for $8.00.

I knew many of my buyers were using them to create zipper flowers for hats, hair accessories, shoe clips, bags and totes, but until yesterday, I wasn't sure how they were made. After several hours of trial and error (mostly error) I figured it out. However, most of my zippers weren't long enough to make a single, solid-colored flower. I decided to create various combinations of colors I found while researching hot color trends for fall 2010 - like the orchid, lawn and viola combination below.

I will start listing these floral embellishments in my Etsy shop during the week of August 9th - so be sure to stop by and check out my newest creations! Due to the fact that I am only using recycled and reclaimed zippers in limited colors and quantities, these will not be available for customization and will be sold only in the lots and colors featured.

No comments:

Post a Comment